Responsible for staff safety and training, for H&S and food safety in their area of responsibility, for optimum efficiency of the assigned line, for the grading and packing of fruit within customer specification at the lowest unit cost possible while ensuring optimum utilization of fruit.
• Ensure optimum product gradeouts and complete accurately all relevant production documentation during the full shift length.
• Engage, manage and motivate the team working on the line to ensure optimum level of productivity and fruit utilization.
• Engage team on performance and ensure all staff issues are raised in a timely manner.
• Ensure teams are productive & organized.
• Work as an effective team, utilize key members of the team to ensure the line is always productive, downtime is minimized during changeover
• Ensure production plans and stock sheets are followed. Daily updates, reports to Packhouse manager.
• Notify management team of potential order shortages or issues as soon as possible.
• Ensure the area of responsibility is maintained to BRC/Customer standard
• Ensuring safety and hygiene standards are maintained and adhered to
• Ensure packed product complies with customer specification.
Other Role Requirements
• The role involves some manual handling and the ability to withstand working in cold storage conditions on a daily basis
• The role requires an alert disposition, working in the vicinity of PPT and moving machinery
• Travel to other Company or off-site meeting locations may be required from time to time
Pay Rate From £9.66 – £10.52
On site accommodation Available
5 Days / 12 Hour Shifts
For more information call 01227 733 880