Role: Payroll Officer
Type: Permanent, Full Time
Salary: £22-27k DOE
Pro-Force, a leading national labour provider to the agricultural, horticultural, fresh produce and manufacturing industries, is looking for an experienced Payroll Officer to join our Head Office team.
Reporting directly to the Financial Manager, this role would suit a flexible, driven individual committed to ensuring excellence in all aspects of their role. Overseeing a busy weekly payroll of 5000+ staff, previous experience with high volume weekly payroll is essential.
Working with an established Payroll team and liaising with the Finance team to ensure accurate and timely completion of all payroll related tasks.
Hours are variable dependent on requirements, however some flexibility will be required regarding evening work.
– Processing high volumes of new starters & leavers, calculating holiday pay, expenses, preparing payslips and using tax forms, making payroll adjustment’s as is required;
– Accurate calculation and administration of statutory payments, including SMP, SPP, SSP etc.;
– Providing specialist guidance on a range of pay and tax related matters Identification and implementation of any legislative, procedural or system changes;
– Development of innovative solutions to problems and implementing appropriate changes;
– Liaison with external agencies on complex payroll matters;
– Any other ad-hoc tasks as is required by the Financial Manager.
The ideal candidate will posses:
– Sound knowledge of all aspects of payroll legislation;
– Previous payroll experience, ideally high volume weekly;
– Advanced excel skills are essential for the role;
– Attention to detail;
– Numerically literate;
– Excellent written and oral communication skills;
– Previous experience with Pegasus Opera is desirable;
– Payroll qualification is desirable.
Interviews commencing as soon as possible for an immediate start.
Full driving licence and own transport required due to rural location of role.
Face to face interviews completed with COVID-19 secure measures in place.
Pro-Force is an Equal Opportunities Employer. For more information on how we use, process and store personal data, please refer to our Privacy Notice available on our website.